General Terms and Conditions
The client declares they have read and agreed to these terms upon accepting Taste of South Australia’s booking. Prices and itineraries stated are subject to change without notice due to road, weather, seasonal variation and other unforeseen situations that may arise, over which the operator has no control. Please note: The Share tour will not be offered on public holidays, unless otherwise agreed. Surcharges will apply to tours if operating on public holidays. Public Holidays will incur a surcharge of 15%. Please advise that wineries will not be open on Christmas Day and Good Friday, therefore wine tours will not be available on these days.
- Taste of South Australia reserves the right to substitute vehicles, restaurants, accommodation, experiences of equal value and guides of equal expertise other than those specified. Taste of South Australia may, subject to the consent of the traveller, substitute the services/experiences with similar services/experiences. The traveller may request changes to services, however, requests cannot be guaranteed and are subject to the discretion of Taste of South Australia. If a service substitution/change is agreed to by both Taste of South Australia and the traveller and the prices of the service is higher than the original service, Taste of South Australia may require the traveller to pay the difference in price.
- Taste of South Australia expects that the client of his/her agent will advise of any injury or condition (past or present) that may affect or compromise the client’s ability to travel, mobility in general and/or overall level of comfort and safety.
- Taste of South Australia shall not be liable for any accident, death, irregularity, injury, loss or damage caused by or arising out of services offered by Taste of South Australia.
- All tours will depart according to the agreed dates, times and previously confirmed locations and will not wait for ‘latecomers’. Taste of South Australia accepts no responsibility for clients failing to be at designated pick up points at designated times, no refund is provided for clients failing to meet the tour at designated times. No responsibility is taken for clients leaving the pick up location if the guide is not present at the scheduled departure time. It is the responsibility of the client to get themself to the designated area in time for departure. Taste of South Australia will contact clients 24-48 hours prior to departure times, if Taste of South Australia has not made contact within 24-48 hours of departure time then it is the responsibility of the client to confirm date, departure time and location.
- Taste of South Australia reserves the right to alter departure times or locations as a necessity for the tour to operate.
- Taste of South Australia accepts no responsibility for delays/events that cause the client to miss the departure time, such as traffic, flight delays, emergencies, events, etc. We recommend clients have adequate travel insurance in the event of any delay, illness, and loss of property that may result in failure to join or complete the tour.
- If requested a client must present proof of their age (18+) prior to tour departure, if the client cannot present proof of age then they may be excluded from any wine tasting or they may choose not to depart and they will not receive a refund.
Touring Code of Conduct
Persons causing a nuisance to other passengers may be requested to leave the tour. Taste of South Australia will not be liable for any expense incurred by the passengers should this occur. Uncontrollable and disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated. Wineries reserve the right to refuse service & entry. Disruptive persons may be excluded from the remaining duration of tours. Individuals are responsible for any damage inflicted on vehicles or caused to wineries.
Cancellations and Payments
All direct customized bookings and non-contracted agents bookings require a 50% deposit upon confirmation. Full payment of tours is required 14 days prior to departure. Contracted agents will pay on invoice. All bookings made through Taste of South Australia website (Rezdy) require full payment upon confirmation. If you have to cancel your tour please Contact Us immediately.
Except for unavoidable circumstances the following timeframes will apply regarding cancellations. We understand that plans can change. If you cancel MORE THAN 30 days before the tour date, we will provide a full refund of the deposit less $50 administration fee and any credit card merchant fees incurred. Any additional fees incurred by the operator will be charged accordingly.
- For cancellations more than 30 days before departure you are entitled to a full refund of your deposit / or receive the value of the booking in the form of a credit to be used on a different tour within 12 months of the initial tour date (the client may choose a tour of a higher value than the initial tour but will be required to pay the difference).
- For cancellations 14-30 days before departure, you will forfeit 50% of your DEPOSIT VALUE / or at the discretion of Taste of South Australia receive the value of the booking in the form of a credit to be used on a different tour within 12 months of the initial tour date (the client may choose a tour of a higher value than the initial tour but will be required to pay the difference).
- For cancellations 7-14 days before departure, you will forfeit 10% of TOTAL BOOKING VALUE / or at the discretion of Taste of South Australia receive the value of the booking in the form of a credit to be used on a different tour within 12 months of the initial tour date (the client may choose a tour of a higher value than the initial tour but will be required to pay the difference).
- For cancellations 2-7 days before departure, you will forfeit 50% of TOTAL BOOKING VALUE / or at the discretion of Taste of South Australia receive the value of the booking in the form of a credit to be used on a different tour within 12 months of the initial tour date (the client may choose a tour of a higher value than the initial tour but will be required to pay the difference).
- For cancellations less than 48 hours before departure, you will forfeit 100% of TOTAL BOOKING VALUE / or at the discretion of Taste of South Australia receive the value of the booking in the form of a credit to be used on a different tour within 12 months of the initial tour date (the client may choose a tour of a higher value than the initial tour but will be required to pay the difference).
- Clients who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 may reschedule or receive a full refund if they provide proof of COVID-19 diagnosis (positive test) within 14 days of their tour start date. Clients should not participate in tours if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- The child rate is 85% of the adult price for children under 12. A child over 12 is considered a full paying adult. Children are NOT usually accepted on shared wine tours if there are other customers traveling on the tour. It is highly recommended if you are traveling with children to book a private tour.
- For Groups (8+ people) – A deposit of 50% is required upon confirmation of booking. Full payment is required 30 days prior to departure. Cancellations made more than 30 days before departure will receive a full refund of their deposit less admin fees. Cancellations notified less than 30 days but more than 14 days prior to the scheduled departure will be charged a cancellation fee of $100/person, minimum cancellation charge $500. Cancellations made within 14 days of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. Any additional fees incurred by the operator will be charged accordingly. Non-contracted agents will pay on confirmation of booking a 50% deposit, with full payment due 30 days prior to tour. Contracted agents will pay on invoice.
- Travel agents: Please note, as of March 2022 Free Sell is being assessed and all bookings must be confirmed with Taste of South Australia.
In line with the Australian Government Department of Health’s advice, all clients must provide proof of an International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or evidence of a medical certificate exempting the client from COVID-19 vaccination prior to tour departure. In line with expert medical advice, if the State Government decides to apply restrictions that prevent the tour from proceeding, we would not impose full cancellation fees. We would instead invite you to another of our tour offerings, if available, or provide you with a credit to use at a later date, or if you prefer, a refund (less the administration and credit card fees mentioned above). Any additional fees incurred by the operator will be charged accordingly.
A request for a refund must be made by contacting Taste of South Australia. Anyone requesting a refund will be required to provide full particulars as to why they are seeking a refund. Taste of South Australia will verify the validity and veracity of some or all of the particulars of a request for refund. We may also ask you (by phone or email) to provide additional information in relation to the refund request. In circumstances where we believe that a request for a refund does not fall within the scope of this Policy, is misleading, incorrect and/or deceptive or is otherwise invalid, Taste of South Australia may, in its absolute discretion, refuse a refund request. Please note, any fraudulent refund requests will be immediately referred to the relevant authorities. The refund will be credited to the Credit Card used to purchase the tour or service. Any refund provided by Taste of South Australia is in no way an admission of liability by or on behalf of Taste of South Australia or the admission of any other fact in connection with any act or omission which led to the request for a refund being submitted by the requestor.
Liability, Responsibility, Limitation and Jurisdiction
Taste of South Australia is not responsible for the actions, defaults or negligence of any travel or accommodation providers it engages for the purposes of the tour, except where the loss or damage arises from a specific direction given by Taste of South Australia to those providers. Travellers should direct all claims to those providers and be aware that they are bound by the conditions of travel or accommodation imposed by those providers.
- The traveller is responsible for all loss or damage arising through his or her own fault.
- Taste of South Australia will not be liable for any illness, injury or death sustained on a tour by reason of the travellers medical condition.
- Taste of South Australia will not be responsible for, and the traveller releases Taste of South Australia from, any liability arising out of any medical condition suffered by the traveller during the tour or as a consequence of the tour.
- The traveller indemnifies and holds harmless Taste of South Australia and its officers, employees and suppliers against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, expenses and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and whether incurred by or awarded against Taste of South Australia) as a result of, or arising in relation to, whether directly or indirectly, the traveller booking or participating in the tour or any act or omission by the traveller in relation to the tour.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, all implied conditions and warranties regarding the provision of services by Taste of South Australia under these terms and conditions are excluded. Taste of South Australia’s liability in relation to any non-excludable conditions or warranties is limited to (at Taste of South Australia’s option) either delivering the services again or paying the cost of providing similar services again. In any event, Taste of South Australia’s total liability under this Agreement (including for loss or damage to baggage, compensation for distress, disappointment and loss of enjoyment) will be limited to the amount of the tour price actually paid by the traveller to Taste of South Australia.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Taste of South Australia excludes, and the traveller releases Taste of South Australia from all other liability, including without limitation any consequential or special damages or costs, arising directly or indirectly from or in relation to the services provided in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Any booking shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws in force in South Australia and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.
Security of your Personal Information
Taste of South Australia abides by the Privacy Act 1988, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other similarly situated legislation for the protection and processing of personal information provided to Taste of South Australia by its clients. Taste of South Australia can take direct bookings and temporarily store relevant personal information. Taste of South Australia uses Rezdy to process online bookings. Rezdy has implemented security features in their database to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. Rezdy maintains servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorized to access the database. Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorized intruders. Rezdy will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services, including credit card information. They will also make best efforts to ensure its security on their systems. In addition, their employees and the contractors who provide services related to information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, Rezdy or Taste of South Australia will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information. All transactions are secured by 128 bit SSL encryption. SSL technology encodes information as it is being sent over the Internet, helping to ensure that the information transmitted remains confidential. Rezdy servers are deployed to Amazon Web Services (AWS), which is a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant provider and provides a certified infrastructure for storing, processing, and transmitting credit card information.
The only caveat comes with cancellation fees imposed by third party operators at short notice. Most are very accommodating, particularly in the current climate, but we are not in the position to absorb costs if suppliers, like air charters or road transfers, do not extend full refunds.
Remember – We’re only a call or email away if you need us!
Change to Terms and Conditions
Taste of South Australia may change the terms and conditions at any time at our absolute discretion by posting the revised terms and conditions on this Website. It is your responsibility to review the terms and conditions.
Any feedback or questions regarding these terms and conditions should be emailed to email@example.com.